[AccessD] OT: The Great Primary Debate

Charlotte Foust cfoust at infostatsystems.com
Tue Jun 15 11:15:37 CDT 2004

I suspect the point Jim was trying to make is that the autonumber could
be changed (with a cascade of the change through related records)
without affecting the data in the record.  In other words, you still
have the same record in the same relationships but now you're
identifying it as "Joe" rather than "Arthur".  It doesn't change the
rest of the record, just the tag that provides a unique identifier.  On
the other hand, if you change the height property of "Arthur", then
regardless of what you call him,  he isn't the same record that he
was.<g>

Charlotte Foust