[AccessD] Programatically launch a Dial-Up Networking Connect ion?

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Fri Jun 18 19:03:19 CDT 2004

On 18 Jun 2004 at 16:44, DWUTKA at marlow.com wrote:

> rasdial
>
> In fact the AccessD archives I host use rasdial (in a Shell command) to
> connect to a VPN, to download my AccessD email from my work account.
>
> All of the command line switches are in the Windows help. Though rasdial may
> be a W2k and up command.

Windows NT and up.

If you need it for Win9X , you can grab a file called Rasdial95  written by
Claudio Fahey.  I have a copy of his last freeware version. It's  ver 1.2 and
you can download it as http://www.lexacorp.com.pg/soft/rasdial95.zip It's only
15KB.

It also works on NT/2K/XP and is  more versatile that the built in Rasdial. -
It has a couple of extra switches /RETRYDELAY and /RETRYCOUNT to retry if you
don't get a connection initially.

Note that he has now produced a Rasdial Pro version 1.3a available from
http://www.padring.com/soft/Utilities/Networking/RasDialPro.html

Essentially, it's Rasdial95 with the addition of  TCP/IP route addition (split
tunnelling)   It's US$29.99 shareware.

--
Lexacorp Ltd
http://www.lexacorp.com.pg