[AccessD] Maximum number of attached tables?

Jim Lawrence (AccessD) accessd at shaw.ca
Sun Jun 20 14:26:22 CDT 2004

Hi Gustav:

The largest database, is Oracle based, if you count the number of tables,
that I have ever worked on/with, would be 143 but that grouping was
multiplied by 4, bringing the total accumulated schema to 572. At one point,
in the development cycle, the process to manage these many tables became
overwhelming and the performance had simply depreciated to an unacceptable
level. The application was then split in quarters.

The current setup uses three load balanced server class computers, four CPUs
each, with about 4 GBs of memory, per server. The current upgrading will
split the application again into, perhaps 6 separate modules leaving the
interface the same. (So much for easy data sharing(?))

The system has a modest, considering the BE power, less than 250 users.

Jim