[AccessD] Hiding Back End Design

Andy Lacey andy at minstersystems.co.uk
Wed Jun 23 13:36:19 CDT 2004

I'm going to sound a dissenting voice here. I don't understand why Rocky,
who's no doubt sweat blood to develop his vertical app, should in effect
give his system away? Because surely that's what he'd be doing? The only way
doing a development like this makes sense is to get economies of scale by
selling lots of copies. Without that incentive vertical apps would never get
developed at all because, in the main, a single customer can't stand all the
development costs. And if you're going to put in the graft why shouldn't you
dream of making money on it, and why should you open yourself to being
ripped-off by people who can't be arsed to do the hard work themselves?
Sorry, don't understand.

-- Andy Lacey
http://www.minstersystems.co.uk