[AccessD] Street names in the separate table

Bob Gajewski rbgajewski at adelphia.net
Fri Jun 25 08:44:04 CDT 2004

Ervin

This has been a problem since databases first began. I don't know of any
Soundex-type solutions, but I was able to reduce duplications by almost 90%
by using combo boxes with automatic dropdown activated. By seeing all of the
available choices as the user input their data, they seemed willing to make
the effort to find an existing entry rather than add a new one. Also, on the
NotInList event, I used a small popup form, which further 'convinced' users
that using the data in the list was preferable to just adding a new one
because they were too lazy to look it up.

Bob Gajewski