[AccessD] OT: Stopping spammers on your website using JavaScript

Jim Lawrence (AccessD) accessd at shaw.ca
Sat Jun 26 17:21:02 CDT 2004

Another way to stop spammers is to have your own php/asp mail. It is a
little more complicated but if you can roll-your-own or have a ISP that has
those features, it is worth while taking advance of it.

Another excellent way to get rid of unwanted messges is to use a spam
blocker. One very good free blocker is SpamPal at http://www.spampal.org/
...an excellent program. By simply checking Korea, China and Brazil, 95% of
all spam is re-directed to your deleted folder.

Most of the major ISP are offering a free spam blocking. It can be either
tagged as suspected garbage and forwarded or deleted upon their receipt.

I do not think blocking java-scripting is a good idea, VB script yes, but
after all the safe web languages are stopped, Java-Script and Flash, it will
sure reduce the quality of your subsequent internet experiences.

Jim