[AccessD] Store Settings

Gustav Brock gustav at cactus.dk
Tue Jun 29 06:52:05 CDT 2004

Hi Richard

Some pros are that it is a text file which can easily be read and
edited and printed - that makes it easy to explain, say, a third-party
it-guy (M/F) how to adjust things if needed.

Some cons are that it is a primitive database file and as you have a
powerful dbengine right at your hands it actually may be quicker and
more convenient to create a local config.mdb for storing and
maintaining your settings. If you only need a few settings you can
even modify the mda or mdw file with a few custom tables as it is very
easy via code to locate this file.

/gustav