[AccessD] Check If File Exists In Directory - Cant Think

Tue Jun 29 08:54:59 CDT 2004

Or if you want a more robust way to do it (some crazy user just might have
made a DIRECTORY with the name of the FILE you are looking for)...

Function FileExists(strFile As String) As Boolean
  ' Comments  : Determines if the file exists
  '             Works for hidden files and folders
  ' Parameters: strFile - file to check
  ' Returns   : True if the file exists, otherwise false
  Dim intAttr As Integer
  Dim errnum As Long
  On Error Resume Next
  'GET THE FILE ATTRIBUTE INSTEAD OF THE LENGTH OF THE FILE NAME
  intAttr = GetAttr(strFile)
  FileExists = (Err.Number = 0)
   On Error GoTo 0
End Function

and then there is the complementary function...

Function isDirectory(sDir As String) As Boolean
    On Error Resume Next
    isDirectory = (GetAttr(sDir) And vbDirectory) <> 0
    If Err.Number <> 0 Then isDirectory = False
    On Error GoTo 0
End Function

HTH

Lambert