[AccessD] A2K MDE Runtime Reference problem - URGENT

Jim DeMarco Jdemarco at hudsonhealthplan.org
Mon Mar 1 07:19:58 CST 2004

We have an open source app that we've modified and are installing at various doctor's offices in the area.  The application came with an installation routine that installs the A2K runtime and the app MDE.  We use the install the app came with then overwrite the app MDE with our modified version.  The application runs fine in-house after overwriting the MDE (Win2K) but on a contractor's machine (WinXP) and a client's machine (Win98) we're losing a library reference (Date displays and functions calling Date functions fail with #Name? error).  Since it's an MDE we can't see or adjust the references (or can we?).  Does anyone know how we can get the references straightened out?  Are the client machines missing a DLL by chance?.

I've been attempting to create our own install package using InstallShield but it's looking for an *.msi file for the Access Runtime.  I'm not sure where to find that either.  I'm also not really sure a fresh install package will fix the reference problem anyway.

TIA,

Jim DeMarco
Director Product Development
Hudson Health Plan