[AccessD] Setting/ retrieving Field properties?

S D accessd667 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 10 05:15:17 CST 2004

Hi group,

I need to set the field properties of a lot of tables. I want to do this using VBA.
I was reading Access 2000 Developers Handbook and I found the code printed below. However these are not the properties I expected.
I need to set field properties like:
Fiel Size
Required
Allow Zerow Length

Any idea how I can do this?

TIA

Sander

Private Sub Command0_Click()
   Dim db As DAO.Database
   Dim intI As Integer
   Dim tdf As DAO.TableDef

   Set db = CurrentDb()

   For intI = 0 To db.TableDefs.Count - 1
      Set tdf = db.TableDefs(intI)
      If tdf.Name = "V3_44_RSDTD1" Then
         Debug.Print "Printing properties for table: " & tdf.Name
         Call ListTableProps(tdf.Name)
         MsgBox "Properties listed!"
      End If

   MsgBox "Done! Tables found: " & intI

End Sub
Sub ListTableProps(strTable As String)
   Dim db As Database
   Dim tdf As TableDef
   Dim prp As DAO.Property

   Set db = CurrentDb()
   Set tdf = db(strTable)

   For Each prp In tdf.Properties
      Debug.Print prp.Name, prp.Type, prp.Value
   Next prp
End Sub