[AccessD] Short Date Input Mask question

Bryan Carbonnell Bryan_Carbonnell at cbc.ca
Tue Mar 16 14:15:53 CST 2004

My vote would be to get rid of the input mask al together and use the
Format Property to display it how you want.

I Have done that with what I'm dealing with now. No input masks, just
Formats on all the Date fields. That way the date can be entered just
about however the user wants to enter it

d-m-yy, d/m/yy, yy-mmm-d, yyyy-mmm-dd, m/d/yyyy, mm-dd-yy.............

And Access formats it into yyyy-mmm-dd for my forms.

Makes like so much easier when you are dealing with a 30 hour day!!

Yep a broadcast day is 30 hours long <sigh> Midnight to 0600 the
following morning, or sign on, which ever comes first.

Bryan Carbonnell
bryan_carbonnell at cbc.ca

>>> artful at rogers.com 16-Mar-04 5:47:18 PM >>>
The standard short date input mask (99/99/0000;0;_) has a shortcoming
that I hate: you have to type 04/04/04 to get April 4th 2004. The year
handling is nice but the month and day suck. The mask won't let you
type
4/4/04. Is there an alternative mask that will respond intelligently
such input? Or should I instead just remove all the input masks from
all
the date fields?