[AccessD] Results of Elections For the Board of Direcotrs - Database Advisors, Inc.

Rocky Smolin - Beach Access Software bchacc at san.rr.com
Sun Mar 21 16:07:25 CST 2004

Dear List:

It gives me great pleasure to announce the results of the recent election for the Board of Directors of Database Advisors, Inc., a Board which consists of nine members.

Aside from being a required corporate formality, our Board of Directors is responsible for among other things, providing strategic direction for our organization, addressing and solving problems related to maintaining the various mail lists which are supported by Database Advisors, Inc., providing support and coordination for various projects, maintaining the web site, and monitoring and refereeing the content of the lists.

The Director position is unpaid and voluntary.  And so all of us who benefit from having this resource available to us owe these people our thanks and gratitude.

As is customary in a corporation, only shareholders of Database Advisors are allowed to vote.  They receive one vote for each share of stock they own.  There are 30 shareholders whose ownership ranges from 1 share to 12 shares.  Votes were received from 14 of the shareholders.

The following persons will be serving as Directors of Database Advisors, Inc. for the coming year:

John Bartow
John Colby
Donna Cook
Susan Harkins
Jim Lawrence
Martin Reid
Lembit Soobik
Keith Williamson
Drew Wutka

Congratulations and thank you to all of you.

On a personal note I would like to observe for those that might be new to the list or unaware of its history, that Database Advisors Inc. is what might be called a 'virtual corporation'. It was formed when the previous host Memphis Technologies, could no longer host the list.  The list went down rather suddenly leaving many people around the world who depended heavily on this resource without the valuable assistance of its members.

Several of the list members most of whom had never met and have still never met in person, and live in widely scattered parts of the world, organized and formed this corporation conducting management, directors and shareholders meetings exclusively in cyberspace.  Those of you who participate in this list, therefore, are participating in a unique organization - one which would have been impossible as little as ten or fifteen years ago.

Please note that, although expenses are not great, a certain amount of cash is required for things like paying the ISP who hosts the list.  All other services, such as web site maintenance and the searchable archive are provided by list members as a service to the list.  Know that Database Advisors gratefully accepts cash contributions from its list members to help defray these costs.

Sincerely,

Rocky Smolin
Chair, Elections Committee
Beach Access Software