[AccessD] Re: Migration to SQL Server

Robert L. Stewart rl_stewart at highstream.net
Wed Mar 24 12:57:54 CST 2004

Martin,

Been there, done that.

Make sure you use a number of file groups
and that the tables are split between them.
This will give you better performance because
a thread is opened whenever SQL Server has
to go to another file group for another table.

Make sure you rename primary keys and indexes
in SQL Server to whatever standard you setup.

Use the Diagram tool to create "subject areas"
so you can easily see relationships instead
of having to navigate all the tables.

Be ready to change the queries that you use
to views to increase performance.

Robert