[AccessD] Drew - Age of the Archives?

Hale, Jim Jim.Hale at FleetPride.com
Thu Mar 4 13:24:26 CST 2004

That's okay, I remember Bill Gates giving a demonstration of Windows 3.1 to
the Houston area league of PC users (circa 1991?) when Windows froze.
Required the three finger salute to get it going again. :-)
Jim Hale

-----Original Message-----
From: John Bartow [mailto:john at winhaven.net]
Sent: Thursday, March 04, 2004 9:51 AM
To: Access Developers discussion and problem solving
Subject: RE: [AccessD] Drew - Age of the Archives?

I don't blame you, after the run of luck you've had!

I'm leery every time I do a presentation. I don't mind speaking in front of
people but it seems something always goes wrong - no matter how prepared I
am. I've done presentations for conferences where the coordinator guaranteed
the equipment was what I asked for and when I show up they have projectors
that don't handle 1024x768 which is the only res. at which my laptop's video
looks good (640 cuts the text lines up). I had another conference where I
was setup 30 minutes early, everything worked fine, unplug my laptop and the
first presenter plugs his in, he goes on and finishes, I plug my laptop into
the projector and POOF my laptop's screen goes out. It took about 20 minutes
to get it all rearranged so that my partner could run the presentation from
the projected image rather than the laptop, while I talked about it. (we
were showing a new app. live of course.) Luckily there was a third presenter
that went on in our time slot and 500 people weren't just sitting there
getting irritated. Took a month to get the screen replaced too :o(

John

BTW AccessD as we know it was formed in 2001 so I guess I have it narrowed
down enough now :o)