[AccessD] Deployment

Jim Lawrence (AccessD) accessd at shaw.ca
Thu Mar 4 20:08:08 CST 2004

Hi Rocky:

IF you have a windows server handy for orchestrating the deployment you
could try something as follows:

1. Create a sub-directory, off your ftproot directory, for each person or
group of persons you wish to send the file to.
2. Create a user name and/or group for all who you wish to deliver the
package to. Give appropriate access rights. (username/password)
3. In your IIS, create a virtual ftp account, using/pointing the name(s) to
the ftproot dir. Make sure the virtual ftp name is the same as the actual
directory name. (If the physical directory is name .\MyProduct the virtual
ftp directory should be named MyProduct). Attach the new account(s) through
the virtual ftp process as prompted. If you are only giving download rights,
set the virtual directory to Read-Only.
4. Send each group or single user(s), with your requesting email a line as
follow:
ftp://MyFTPVirtualAccount:theTopSecretPassword@MySiteURLorAddress/MyProductF
ileName.zip

Pressing on the line above will automatically start a download process.

HTH
Jim