[AccessD] Your favorite control behavior

Jürgen Welz jwelz at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 8 00:32:14 CST 2004

Assuming the <grin> is directed my way:

I have been working with .NET as well as Java.  .Net is Microsoft's attempt
to make something similar to Java with the same kind of OO capabilities,
garbage collection, security and error handling.  The .NET languages
strongly resemble Java in many respects.  I'm not worried about
understanding object oriented principles and there are many programmers who
do.  I do have reservations about trying to fit a square peg like Access
into some round holes.  You can force it but it isn't a great fit. Access
only has quasi OO capabilities and the average college graduate around here
who learns Java and will find frustration, as do I, with the limitations of
Access.  I have ofen had the need to use Access to do things it wasn't
intended to do because it was the only tool permitted where I worked to meet
tasks beyond the ususal scope of Access.  I have reservations about the
abilities of average Access developers or full blown OO developers to work
in this no man's land somewhere between the two.  It can be done, but why
bother.

Ciao
Jürgen Welz
Edmonton, Alberta