[AccessD] Offtopic: Word, macros and applying styles to paragraphs

Ken Ismert KIsmert at TexasSystems.com
Mon Mar 8 12:25:53 CST 2004

The built-in method (W2K and later):

* Select Format, Style
* Select a style and click Modify
* In the Modify Style dialog, click Shortcut Key
* You can then assign a key combo to your style

The only tricky part is the Save Changes In dropdown (bottom right). It is
best to save your shortcuts with the document template, rather than
overloading Normal.dot

-Ken

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com]On Behalf Of John W. Colby
Sent: Saturday, March 06, 2004 8:24 AM
To: DBA - Tech; AccessD
Subject: [AccessD] Offtopic: Word, macros and applying styles to
paragraphs

I am working on formatting existing word documents to use styles from a
document template.  I can select text and then click on the style, select
the style and apply that style to the selected text.  I'm wondering if Word
has a "macro" system that I could use to apply hotkeys to macro styles so
that I can just tap hotkeys to apply the styles to the paragraphs selected?