[AccessD] Your favorite control behavior

Jürgen Welz jwelz at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 10 09:13:36 CST 2004

I use various techniques depending on the type of list.  Most of my lists
rarely change but with those that do, I have a single record table with a
time field for each combo/list data that has data that should be current.
When a container form opens or when a user sorts or filters a list data, it
checks the time for a particular table to see if the array is stale.  If so,
it requiries the data and resets the array.  In order for this to work, I
code an update of the single record time table when the data is changed.
For example, my not in list procedure uses the table name as a parameter and
it updates the time flag for that table as well as adding.  My edit form for
that table updates the time flag table in the after update.  When
encapuslated as a subform, there is a property procedure that sets and gets
the last time source data was queried.  It is necessary to work with server
time.

A system like your dependent control system would be applicable here.

Ciao
Jürgen Welz
Edmonton, Alberta
jwelz at hotmail.com