[AccessD] Run a report "invisibly"

Brett Barabash BBarabash at TappeConstruction.com
Fri Mar 12 10:28:57 CST 2004

How about running the report in preview mode?

You could use Application.Echo False to disable screen updating (with
extreme caution to ensure that it gets turned back on when you are done).

Note: By default, only the first couple of pages page format when you
preview a report.  However, if you bind a textbox to the =[Pages] property,
it forces the entire report to execute.  After all this is done, you could
use DoCmd.Close acReport, <report name> to close it.

> Hi, Gustav...

> I wish it was a joke!!!

> The report is pretty complex, with 12 subreports.  There are hundreds of
> calculations performed (in the report as well as all the subreports)---
> subtotals of 2 or more subreports used in calculations in other
subreports,
> etc.  The report also outputs data to a spreadsheet.

> The data in the report is (almost) exactly what I need to create an export
> file requested by the client.  However, I need to have a separate
interface
> for the export file function.  I would like to execute the report
> "invisibly" --- to get the data I need --- and then just create my export
> file.

> Is it possible to "turn off" the default printer (so the report won't
> print), execute the report in Normal mode, then turn the default printer
> back on?

> Any other suggestions?

> Thanks,
> Barb

The information in this email may contain confidential information that
is legally privileged. The information is only for the use of the intended
recipient(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient(s), you
are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or the taking
of any action in regard to the content of this fax is strictly prohibited.  If
transmission is incorrect, unclear, or incomplete, please notify the sender
immediately. The authorized recipient(s) of this information is/are prohibited
from disclosing this information to any other party and is/are required to
destroy the information after its stated need has been fulfilled.

states them to be the views of Tappe Construction Co.

This footer also confirms that this email message has been scanned
for the presence of computer viruses.Scanning of this message and
addition of this footer is performed by SurfControl E-mail Filter software
in conjunction with virus detection software.