[AccessD] Set up tables - Please Help

Arthur Fuller artful at rogers.com
Mon Mar 15 15:32:22 CST 2004

I'll toss in my $.02 here, SSH.... You assume that a given entity cannot
be a Buyer, a Requestor and a Vendor simultaneously, or any two of same.
I'd go with preserving most of your notion -- placing them all in a
single table -- and attach to that a child table (or alternatively three
yes/no fields) depicting the entity type. If we are guaranteed that
there will emerge no new entity types in the forseeable future, the
columns will be quicker. If at any moment there might emerge a new
entity type, then I'd go with the child table.

Arthur