[AccessD] Short Date Input Mask question

John W. Colby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Tue Mar 16 18:54:01 CST 2004

>John, IMO - the reason for you spending time on creating your framework
should be for your clients - not necessarily this list.

I am not spending time developing a framework for this list.  I am spending
time explaining to the list what a framework does and how MINE does it.  And
then a list members makes a statement like that?  Excuse me but that
statement displays an gigantic ignorance of the subject under discussion, a
rather large ignorance as to my abilities and the tools at my disposal, and
not borders on rude.

>It may benefit them if they decide to implement it - but shouldn't be your
main priority..

One of two of my "main priorities" of being on this list is helping other
list members learn new things.  The other is learning new things myself.

>but I don't think laying a guilt trip on users here who have other ways of
doing things is appropriate

As for guilt trips, I am just spending a lot of time doing this.  If it is
just to hear myself speak I'll go read a book.  At least someone will end up
learning something from my doing that!

"To a man with a hammer"????