[AccessD] Re: Short Date Input Mask question

Robert L. Stewart rl_stewart at highstream.net
Wed Mar 17 09:01:06 CST 2004

John,

Ignore those that do not benefit or want
to learn.  Personally, I have read and
re-read your posts, which I have compiled
into a single document that I keep adding
to.  As I learn more, I will add my notes
to it.

As to a framework, they are great.  And, you
do have the right idea.  With all the so called
developers that claim Access as a development
tool, we need to distinguish ourselves from
them with as wide a gap as possible.  Extending
the capabilities of Access is just one of the
ways, we as PROFESSIONAL developers can do this.

A good example of this is the C programmers that
a company here in Houston hired to do Access
development.  A friend of mine spent the last 3+
months debugging what they had written.  An example
of the poor programming technique (no matter the
language) was the calling of a function to see what
the country they were operating in was between 20 and
30 times within a form instead of setting a variable
on open of the program.  The country did not change
after opening the program.  :-)  Yet, they were
offended by the changes that were suggested by the
real Access professional, because of their superior
programming knowledge since they were C programmers.
And, one of their other problems was that she was a
woman.  They were not from this country.

Robert