AW: [AccessD] Slightly OT: Access/Office 2003 with Multilingual UserPack on Terminal Server/Citrix Metaframe

MartyConnelly martyconnelly at shaw.ca
Wed Mar 17 15:48:51 CST 2004

Ah, you want the MUI  MultiLingual User Interface for the Win2000+  OS
and Office. I was thinking of the archaic language packs.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/editions/prodinfo/language/default.mspx
http://www.microsoft.com/globaldev/DrIntl/faqs/MUIFaq.mspx
http://www.microsoft.com/office/ork/2003/four/default.htm

A lot of this is covered in the ORK Office Resource Kit.

One other problem The Windows XP/2000 MUI maybe sold only through Volume
Licensing programs.
I don't know if you can buy retail.

If you can set multi languages through Windows Terminal Services should
be able to do it with Citrix

http://www.microsoft.com/globaldev/DrIntl/faqs/MUIFaq.mspx#MUIques3
Shared workstations: MUI is controlled at the user level, and thus
allows for customer scenarios whereby a single workstation is shared by
multiple part-time or roaming employees. This also applies to Terminal
Services scenario where each user can get a different user interface
language depending on their preference.

On a citrix server the client program can toggle keyboard language
selection via Alt-Shift key