[AccessD] Version of Jet

MartyConnelly martyconnelly at shaw.ca
Sat Mar 20 13:15:28 CST 2004

Here is some code, I've footled around with awhile ago.
 It only returns the Jet Version and Access Version of the Access
Program running
but you could adapt to search out all the Jet Versions installed Jet35,
Jet40 etc.

 From Reinier Olislagers site <reiniero at SEAL.NL>

http://www.xs4all.nl/~rolislag/accver/

It doesn't go back to Jet 1.0, I think you have to search DAO dll
versions for this
Code  is missing a couple of versions
'Msjet40.dll        4.0.4431.1    Jet 5 SP
'Msjet40.dll        4.0.6218.0    Jet 6 SP
' Msjet40.dll        4.0.8015.0  Jet SP 8
'Here is what I get from Access 2003 Beta 2 or Access 11
'Access: 11.0.4920.5 (unknown Access version)
'Jet: 4.0.7328.0 (UNKNOWN ACCESS VERSION) Using latest SP7.
'I think original Beta 2 came with SP6
'There were a couple of Beta releases of SP7
' there is also Jet SP8, haven't installed yet

The DLL Hell database doesn't list  all Jet Versions
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=http%3a%2f%2fsupport.microsoft.com%2fservicedesks%2ffileversion%2fdllinfo.asp&fp=1

--
Marty Connelly
Victoria, B.C.