[AccessD] VBE Error Handler

S D accessd667 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 23 08:34:05 CST 2004

We use a VB function to create a standard message. We use this in all (500+) applications.

I don't won't to break the line of work.
Problem is we enherited a HUGE Access app (250+ tables, 300+ forms, 7(!?!) modules)

So we've got the following line in all our error handling:
Call GenErr("Switchdatabase.Form_Startscherm", "Form_Load")

TIA

Sander

PS1: according to the programmer of this beast:
- 'normalization'? What's that, a snack?
- a function is never used more then once
- dim a, b, c as string creates 3 strings....
- dim blnError as String
  blnError = "0"
  blnError = "1"
  blnError = "incorrect" aaahhhhrg.....

"John W. Colby" <jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com> wrote:
In short, it is not "programmable".

The message the user gets is the native Access error plus the function /
module name. What did you have in mind?