[AccessD] [OT] Slightly... Printing problems with Office XP

MarkH lists at theopg.com
Tue Mar 23 13:31:41 CST 2004

Hello all...

The machines where I work have recently been upgraded to XP (office and
Windows) and we are getting a couple of weird problems.

First... In some Word documents, that I create from code in Access (by
merging data with tamplates using ADO), the boarder of 'some' tables
dissappears when the user first saves the document. The document is
purely formatted data, there is no code or macros etc. in the final .doc
file. This was not an issue with Office 97...

Secondly, when printing Visio diagrams that are embedded in Word
documents, the text on the diagram does not get printed unless it is
formatted to another colour (light grey comes out as black and so does
white???).

We have a number of different printers and they all get the same
results...

I know this is all a bit vague, but if anyone has any ideas I'd very
much like to hear them.

Chears

Mark