[AccessD] Framework Discussion - Another poll

Porter, Mark MPorter at acsalaska.com
Wed Mar 24 16:54:04 CST 2004

I have not been active at all in this thread but have been lurking on it as I always do.

I've moved on from Access to Enterprise Applications where almost everything is data driven - Siebel being my latest gig.  I remain a member of this list because of the discussions and ideas which are commonly generated here.

Siebel (and SAP, PeopleSoft, take your pick) is basically a big data driven framework on a large scale, yet similar to what you are implementing and discussing.  Working with it and other apps for the past few years has given me a lot of ideas on how software could be implemented and structured within frameworks or common code sets in other applications, most notabily Access since that was my first platform.

If I ever go back to 'ground-up' development, I'll definately create a framework of a type to make things as non-repetitive as possible.

I have not done a lot of digging into your framework but I know this - your framework works for YOU.  Just like my framework would work for ME.  You may hear that people don't want to use your framework and that is fine.  However, I still like to read the discussions because I'm more interested in the ideas behind it and how it is implemented.

So please continue your writeups and discussions.  Even if it isn't used by others, the discussions may still spark ideas.

Mark