[AccessD] Framework Discussion - set up question

Susan Harkins ssharkins at bellsouth.net
Thu Mar 25 12:02:42 CST 2004

No. :) I'm talking about the built-in lookup field feature that lets you
display a related value from another table. Open a table in Design view and
click the Lookup tab in the Properties pane.

Developers soundly trash them, but I find them rather cool -- and if abused,
is that Access's fault? ;) I'm mostly in favor of anything that makes Access
more available to the average user -- it IS a desktop application after all.

No, I don't use them, and I often have to "undo" them in Northwind when I'm
using that db in an article example, but I can see why users would like and
use them.

Here we goooooooooooooooooooo! ;)

Susan H.

Susan,
I've seen people joke about this before and I've just assumed I knew what
they were referring to ("hard coded" delimited lists that are not stored in
a table).

Is this a correct assumption?