[AccessD] Framework Discussion - set up question

Susan Harkins ssharkins at bellsouth.net
Thu Mar 25 18:12:50 CST 2004

But lookup fields are the only issue in this regard. It's a wash. Remember
the user, remember the environment. I believe the Access development team
wants Access to be more user friendly to the average user and this is just
one of the many features that make that happen. The lone user doesn't even
split a database unless there's a functional reason for doing so. I use
several in my own work, none of them are split -- no need for it.

Because a lookup field may not be a good choice in one environment doesn't
condemn it for all. Other than that, I have no opinion. ;)

Susan H.

2. I agree, this can be an issue.

2) when you want to add additonal columns so that the sub table can have
it's own set of attributes because the system has "grown" you'll need to
revisit the table to make the changes for the FE, but if you're using some
sort of BE/FE setup then you can't do anything until all the users are out
:)

--
-Francisco