[AccessD] Web Pages in Access

MartyConnelly martyconnelly at shaw.ca
Thu Mar 25 18:34:34 CST 2004

Make sure you can protect against CSS cross side scripting and sql
injection attacks
as a start
http://www.patrice.ch/en/computer/web/articles/2002/web_security.pdf
To test if you are susceptible
Just enter this in one of your form fields to be entered in the database
or even in your userid or password logon fields

<script>alert(testing)</script>

Now this can also be circumvented with this type of query string:
str=%3Cscript%0D%0A%3Ealert(testing)%3C%2Fscript%3E
Or to make it more human readable:
str=<script[newline]>alert(testing)</script>

--
Marty Connelly
Victoria, B.C.