[AccessD] OT: Migration to SQL Server - sort of

MartyConnelly martyconnelly at shaw.ca
Thu Mar 25 19:23:36 CST 2004

Just a head's up with these types of GUID keys, they may start to
become, a lot more commonly used.

 I was just reading a paper and methodology developed by IBM Global and
the Alberta Government for implemention of privacy legislation across
databases.
In Canada this would address legislation like Personal Information
Protection and Electronic Documents Act, also known by the awkward
acronym PIPEDA, or something like HIPPA in the US, there is similar
legislation in UK and EU.

http://sharp.gov.ab.ca/ppa/documents/AlbertaPrivacyArchitectureOverview.pdf

The method  is a Privacy Taxonomy which provides a comprehensive scheme
to consistently label privacy-relevant objects and actions in an IT
environment
with an an Identity Key Scheme based on hidden Meaningless But Unique
Numbers (MBUNs) to be used over multiple databases in an organization.
These MBUN's are going to be long unique keys possibly  a GUID.
They will map things like a SIN and Drivers license  into a MBUN so
tables can be accessed or aggregated without giving access to an exact
individuals records.