[AccessD] Lookup Fields in Table Design

John Bartow john at winhaven.net
Sat Mar 27 16:47:49 CST 2004

Not IMO. But this is probably a topic for the OT list anyway - then William
can slam me too. (I think he's ignoring this thread now.)
;o)

I think as a civilized people we should expect politeness not reward it.
With a group of people whom we are familiar, we can dispense with some of
the more rigorous practices of being polite. But we should never be rude and
we should let it be known that we do not embrace rude behavior.

OTH, reward and punishment for children should eventually lead them into
behaving as above.

My minus points for rudeness are only to encourage the context of the dialog
being continued in a productive meaningful exchange of ideas. Sometimes
these little debate can turn ugly due to one comment being received by one
person who happens to be in the wrong state of mind. Since _I_ can't
actually make people stop participating in a email debate I try to encourage
them to check the derogatory or aggressive tones.

I have had an eye opening experience with this particular debate. I may
actually try using this feature again. We'll see where it ends up. Maybe Dev
Ashish will join in here before its over.

E-gads! I wrote "behaviour" and the spell check caught it. I catch myself
writing "grey" and "colour" a lot too. I'm melting...