[AccessD] Lookup Fields in Table Design

DWUTKA at marlow.com DWUTKA at marlow.com
Mon Mar 29 09:45:54 CST 2004

Sorry for all the posts.  I know I didn't write them all, but I am guilty of
writing most of the long ones.

I'm getting a little tired of it myself.  I think I've proven my point.  I
am just sick and tired of hearing something is 'bad practice', when the
mythology behind it is based on misinformation, or simply a lack of
understanding.  A lot of what has been said (after the original facts were
corrected), is that they are just 'dangerous', because if someone doesn't
know what they are doing, they could get in trouble with it.

To me, that's just malarky.  I use stuff all the time, that could be
'dangerous' if not used properly, a LOT more dangerous then lookup fields.
That doesn't mean it's bad practice.

Once again, sorry for all the posts.  At least I've tried to stick to the
subject (even changed some of the subject lines!). <grin>

Drew