[AccessD] OT: A survey from somebody not as well-connected as JC

Steven W. Erbach serbach at new.rr.com
Mon Mar 29 21:16:12 CST 2004

William,

>> ...don't take this the wrong way <<

I won't. I appreciate your point of view. I have gotten caught up in the tools as if owning the right brand of socket wrench will guarantee me a living.

But I hear you on the client-centered approach. I've worked on lots of things that were outside of my skill-set comfort zone.

I talked with a friend recently about my business and he asked if there was anything I specialized in. I told him no; my business is producing custom solutions to solve customer problems. He recommended a product-centered approach, like what Rocky is aiming for. I have a long-term care facility marketing and donations program I wrote that might fill the bill. We'll see.

>> ...but I'm just me and don't have any intention of ever working hard again <<

Not really an option for me as we're having some tough times financially. I can dig the varietal nature of your work, though. Thanks.

Regards,

Steve Erbach
Scientific Marketing
Neenah, WI

"You must be an intellectual. No normal person would say a thing like that." - George Orwell