[AccessD] Cannot open second Recordset?!

rsmethurst at UK.EY.COM rsmethurst at UK.EY.COM
Wed Mar 31 03:44:53 CST 2004

Sander,

I had a similar problem not so long ago and it was definitely associate
with a reserved word in the syntax.
If you place [  ]'s around all field names, I'm pretty sure it will work
for you...and if you need to find out which one it is, just remove them
one by one.
(Was a real pain because that error message is about as helpful as a kick
in the teeth.)

Ryan

Gustav Brock <gustav at cactus.dk>
Sent by: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
31/03/2004 10:27
Please respond to Access Developers discussion and problem solving

        To:     Access Developers discussion and problem solving
<accessd at databaseadvisors.com>
        cc:
        Subject:        Re: [AccessD] Cannot open second Recordset?!

Hi Sander

Maybe End is a reserved word?
Try leaving out one field name, then another etc. until the query
doesn't fail.

/gustav

> when I change the SQL:

> strSQL = "SELECT InterfaceID, FieldID, FieldName, Start, End,
> Mandatory " & _
>             "FROM tblInterfaceLayout " & _
>             "WHERE InterfaceID = " & InterFaceID

> strSQL = "SELECT * FROM tblInterfaceLayout WHERE InterfaceID = " &
InterFaceID

> it does work?! How is this possible? BTW i did NOT misspel the
fieldnames because when I use the debug window to display strSQL I can run
the query!!