[AccessD] A2K3 cannot recognize default printer?

Christopher Hawkins clh at christopherhawkins.com
Tue May 4 17:25:57 CDT 2004

Here's the situation:

A client has discovered that from any workstation, if an HP LaserJet
8000 printer is set as the default printer, Access 20003 thinks it
has no default printer installed.  If we set the default printer to
be any other printer, Access has no problem detecting it as the
default printer.

I do not have a clue as to what to look for here - I'm a lowly
business app developer, not a network tech.  I've already been all
over the Microsoft Knowledgebase with no luck.

Has anyone ever seen anything like this?  I'm really stumped.

-Christopher-