[AccessD] Access XP, Dbase Import error

Lawrence Mrazek lmrazek at lcm-res.com
Wed May 5 13:37:27 CDT 2004

Hi All:

I found the solution for this problem last week and thought I'd post it for
the archives:

1. Install the latest service pack for Jet (see:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;829558).
2. Make a registry change (see below).

1. In the Registry Editor, browse to the following Registry key:
\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Jet\4.0\Engines\Xbase
2.  On the Right Pane, Click on Deleted.
3. Right-Click on the Deleted and click on Modify.
4. Change the entry from
0000 01
0000 00
4.  Click OK.
5. Close the Registry and then open Access and test the import spec.

Larry Mrazek
LCM Research, Inc.
ph. 314-432-5886
fx. 314-432-3304