[AccessD] Table Join not working

Mark A Matte markamatte at hotmail.com
Mon May 10 10:23:04 CDT 2004

Hello All,

In A97 I am building a number of queries from data that is date oriented.
Each query counts a different combination of data elements.  All of these
queries then use an Outer join (Right Join) to join to a date query(on a
date field) that includes all dates even if there is no data in one of the
other queries.

The problem I am having is 1 of the queries will not bring any rows back
when joined to the date query even though there are matching records.  Each
query has at least 1 expression, whether it be COUNT or the SUM of an IIF
statement.  The problem query has 4 expressions(sum of IIF statements).  The
query executes fine...just not when I join to the date query.  If I remove
any 3 of these statements...the query joins fine.  It doesn't matter which 3
I remove...as long as there is only 1 remaining.

If I create a table with the output of the problem query...the table joins
fine with the date query.

Am I missing something...or does someone know of an issue with joining
queries when IIF statements are used.

FYI...none of the IIF statements evaluate, compare, or even reference the
date field in question...the query groups on the date and that is all.

Any ideas/insight about the issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mark A. Matte