[AccessD] Printing to file as PDF w/specific path?

Christopher Hawkins clh at christopherhawkins.com
Fri May 14 11:43:04 CDT 2004

With the recent thread about manipulatinig printers through code, I
decided tolook into both the Printer API and the newere Printers
object.  So far, I've not figured out how to do what I'm trying to do.

My Challenge:

Let's say all my invoices for the month of March are ready to go out,
and I want to drop a copy in each client's folder.  Rather than Print
Preview each one in order to save it as a pdf, I'd like to click one
button that will kick off a routine looping through all my client
records and print their invoices out to a pdf file, saving the file
at the path stored in the client's record.

Now, looping through each client and opening or previewing the
report?  Easy.  I can even set the default printer in code, no sweat.
The part I cannot figure out is how to print to a pdf file, and stick
my own path in there.  I looked ad DoCmd.OutputTo at first, but it
only works with the predefined formats Access ships with.

Surely I'm not the first guy to need to do this?  Any ideas?

-Christopher-