[AccessD] OT-Can anyone help me with ASP problem (complete novice)

paul.hartland at fsmail.net paul.hartland at fsmail.net
Thu May 20 04:24:14 CDT 2004

To all,

Firstly can anyone suggest a good asp list that’s as excellent as this one ?.

Secondly is there anyone that can tell me what I’m doing wrong in the following ASP code:

<%@ Language="VBScript" %>
<% Option Explicit %>
<!--#Include Virtual="/ADOVBS.inc"-->

<%
                Sub OfficeSelected()
                                strOffice=ddOffices.Options(ddOffices.SelectedIndex).Text
                                response.write strOffice
                End Sub
%>

<%
                Dim dbConn
                Dim rsCheck
                Dim rsOffice
                Dim strSQLAccess
                Dim strSQLOffice
                Dim strChkUser
                Dim strChkPass
                Dim strUser
                Dim strOffice

                Set dbConn=Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
                Set rsOffice=Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")
                Set rsCheck=Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")

                dbConn.ConnectionString=Server.MapPath("Genesis.mdb")
                dbConn.Provider="Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0"
                dbConn.Open

                strChkUser=request.form("Username")
                strChkPass=request.form("Password")
                strUser=UCase(Left(strChkUser,1)) & LCase(Mid(strChkUser,2,(InStr(strChkUser,".")-1)))

                strSQLAccess="SELECT Username, Password FROM tblUsers WHERE EnableUser=True AND Username='" & strChkUser & "' AND Password='" & strChkPass & "'"

                Set rsCheck=dbConn.Execute(strSQLAccess)

                %>
                                <BODY background="niceblue.jpg">
                <%

                if ( rsCheck.EOF ) Then
                                %>
                                                <H2><FONT color="Black"><CENTER><B><I>Username and/or Password Not Recognised</I></B></CENTER></FONT></H2>
                                <%
                Else
                                strSQLOffice="SELECT OfficeName FROM tblOffices"

                                Set rsOffice=dbConn.Execute(strSQLOffice)

                                If ( rsOffice.EOF=False ) Then
                                                rsOffice.MoveFirst
                                                response.write "<H2><CENTER><FONT color='White'>Welcome To The Orridge Internet Reporting System " & strUser & "</FONT></CENTER></H2>"
                                                response.write "<HR WIDTH='100%'>"
                                                response.write "<FONT color='White'><B>Please Select An Office:</B></FONT>"

                                                %>
                                                                <SELECT name='ddOffices' onchange='OfficeSelected()'>
                                                                <OPTION selected=""Selected"" value="""">Choose....</OPTION>

                                                                <%
                                                                                Do Until rsOffice.EOF=True
                                                                %>
                                                                                                <OPTION>
                                                                                                <%
                                                                                                                =rsOffice.Fields("OfficeName").Value
                                                                                                %>
                                                                                                </OPTION>
                                                                <%
                                                                                                rsOffice.MoveNext
                                                                                Loop
                                                                %>
                                                                </SELECT>
                                                <%

                                                response.write "<HR WIDTH='100%'>"

                                                response.write request.form("ddOffices")

                                                rsOffice.Close
                                                Set rsOffice=Nothing
                                End If
                End If
                %>
                                </BODY>
                <%

                rsCheck.Close
                Set rsCheck=Nothing
                dbConn.Close
                Set dbConn=Nothing
%>

I get and Error for Line 3 saying Object Expected, but haven’t a clue what this could be
..I hope someone can point me in the right direction.  Basically when a user selects an option from the dropdown box I want to jump to the function at the top of the page and then just print the office that the user selected underneath the dropdown box.

Thanks in advance.

Paul Hartland

--

Whatever you Wanadoo: