[AccessD] Access vs. Filemaker Comparison Reference?

Charlotte Foust cfoust at infostatsystems.com
Mon May 3 11:53:51 CDT 2004

Avoid FileMaker at all costs.  One of the things that users and
so-called "developers" like is that it will store multiple values in a
field, completely violating normalization.  Of course, that makes it
fairly useless for data analysis, so the data gets dumped to Access,
where it has to be seriously massaged before you can really do anything
with it.  Trust me, you don't want to do that!  I finally managed to
wean a former employer off FileMaker (they had started with Macs), but I
forever heard "FileMaker would let us do that", which made me grit my
teeth and try not to reach for the nearest blunt object.

Charlotte Foust