[AccessD] Deployment Woes

Mitsules, Mark S. (Newport News) Mark.Mitsules at ngc.com
Mon May 3 15:07:10 CDT 2004

How do I handle the situation where someone opens the server copy of the FE
directly?

Brett,

There is no doubt that I am confused;)  But here goes...

>> I don't see a reason why you need to even use batch file <<
I agree, I'm re-working it accordingly.

>> Jürgen's statement doesn't apply << -Jürgen...please correct me if I'm
wrong, but I disagree.  For example...the launcher app contains a version
record "2", and the filename of the local FE is "DbName_FE_1.mdb".  Since
Instr(strFileName, strVersion) = 0, I update the FE.  If I use this method I
see no reason to store a table of workstations and the latest installed
FE...or am I missing something?

>> recap <<
Except for the version checking...exactly.

>> ONE application open at a time <<
Excellent...thank you for clarifying this.

Mark