[AccessD] (no subject)

Susan Harkins ssharkins at bellsouth.net
Tue May 4 14:27:38 CDT 2004

Any COM add-in you install in Outlook 2003 is automatically trusted. That
means, Outlook 2003 bypasses all the security prompts. It's my understanding
that any code written in Outlook's VBA editor is trusted -- so I probably
should've been more specific on that point, but the add-in business can get
you around that sometimes. It's a start.

Also, you can update the registry and upgrade the danger status of file
types by listing their extensions -- so you can more easily control what you
can download now. Again, not the complete fix we'd like, but a good start.

What I hate is backing up the BCM -- a new add-in. That's a circus. Well,
backing it up isn't the problem -- reverting to the back up is a real pia.

Susan H.

Susan,

Are you referring to a VBA module within Outlook?  Because I've heard the
opposite with regard to Outlook being automated from external code.