[AccessD] Report length limit...ugh

Charlotte Foust cfoust at infostatsystems.com
Thu May 6 10:34:02 CDT 2004

I was talking about the limitation on the physical length of the report
or subreport object.  I've never seen paper 22 inches long, but I
certainly have printed reports with multiple printed pages, definitely
exceeding 22 printed inches, which use subreports on a normal size
report to handle the overflow.  The physical length of all objects
together doesn't exceed 22 inches, but the printed length does.  The
CanGrow properties allow the object to expand when needed.  Are you
talking about something else?

Frankly, I've never wanted to print a 22 inch memo field, since to me
that smacks of poor design.  I don't see what good a memo field of that
length would be since you couldn't put a useful index on it and I object
to multicomment fields.

Charlotte Foust