[AccessD] Executing Stored Procedures in a A2K ADP?

Mackin, Christopher CMackin at Quiznos.com
Fri May 7 13:22:45 CDT 2004

The 7 lines gives you more information, that's why it's preferable in my
mind.

Specifically I like to see exactly what the Parameter names are, their data
type, the Input/Output designation and the value being passed to it.  For a
1 parameter stored procedure it is not very useful, but when you start
getting more and more parameters in there it keeps things much cleaner.

I also don't want my code to be dependent on matching the same order the
parameters are listed in the Stored Procedure and in my call to it.  One
less thing to worry about.

I am unaware of any performance benefits of one over the other and advocate
the "longer" method purely out of readability and personal preferences.

It's the same reason that I write:
Dim strSample as String

instead of the short version:
Dim strSample$