[AccessD] Managing Lookup Tables

Mark A Matte markamatte at hotmail.com
Tue May 11 23:38:06 CDT 2004

Hello All,

After reading everyone's response...I see the benefit to each
suggestion...but the reason listed below puzzles me.  When you say 'nuke'
the data...do you mean deleting all rows?..and if so...why not just delete
from the tables you want.

I do something similar...on a smaller scale(30 to 40 concurrent users).  FE
on the user machine...BE on the network...when the FE opens...it checks for
a new FE...copies down if so...if not checks links...relinks as
necessary...and if it is the first time they are launching today...it copies
all lookup tables from the BE to the FE...and all lookups are done locally.
Initial startup takes about 20 seconds...but this is acceptable for my
users.  I did this for speed of the lookups...and didn't see the need to put
in a 3rd db.

Not sure if it is even relevent since I don't understand the reason.

Thanks,

Mark A. Matte