[AccessD] How to - get a count for a condition

jeffrey.demulling at usbank.com jeffrey.demulling at usbank.com
Thu May 13 09:21:23 CDT 2004

SELECT
Count(<<FieldName>>) AS MyCount
FROM
<<TableName>>
WHERE
datLoginDate Between #<<StartDate>># and #<<EndDate>>#;

                      "John Clark"
                      <John.Clark at niagaracounty        To:       accessd at databaseadvisors.com
                      .com>                            cc:
                      Sent by:                         Subject:  [AccessD] How to - get a count for a condition
                      accessd-bounces at databasea
                      dvisors.com

                      05/13/2004 09:11 AM
                      Please respond to "Access
                      Developers discussion and
                      problem solving"

I thought this would be simpler, but...I need to get a count for records
logged in a given time period, and I seem to be at a loss. Basically, I
have a field called 'datLoginDate' and I want to find all records
'logged' during a period, which I will get from a 'BegDate' and an
'EndDate' on the form.

I first thought they wanted a list of the records, so I have a query
already that finds these records. And, I know from running the query,
how many records exist. But, how do I just get the number?

This program is A97, but I am moving it over to A2K soon, so a solution
for both would be great.

Thanks!

John W Clark