[AccessD] Help With Word Basic

Bryan Carbonnell carbonnb at sympatico.ca
Sun May 16 10:25:29 CDT 2004

On 14 May 2004 at 14:43, Andy Lacey wrote:

> can do it manually but can't for the life of me see how to do it in
> code. The selection object has a Text property, but you can't Copy
> that, and even if you could I don't know what that would do with the
> embedded merge field. Can someone (Bryan for example?) help? Where am
> I going wrong. I always have this kind of trouble with Word Basic,
> it's a nightmare unless you've got an example to work from.

I don't use mail merge very often. I don't like it. So I may not be
the best person to help :(

I can duplicate what you are describing, but I can't select just the
text. It's quite bizare.

Tick, tock. Tick, Tock....

Well now after messing around some more I have a solution.

What you need to do is reduce the range's size by 1 chartacter, which
takes the cell marker out of the rang that you will be copying.
Here's some code to show what I mean(and as always watch for wrap):

Sub test()
  Dim doc As Document
  Dim cl As Cell
  Dim rngCL As Range
  Dim pasteDoc As Document

  'Get the document with the table
  Set doc = ActiveDocument
  'Get the Cell
  Set cl = doc.Tables(1).Cell(1, 2)
  'Set the range to the cell
  Set rngCL = cl.Range
  'Move the range's end point back one
  rngCL.End = rngCL.End - 1
  'Now copy
  rngCL.Copy
  'Get the doc where you will paste into
  Set pasteDoc = Documents.Add
  'Paste
  pasteDoc.Range.Paste

  'Close and release objects
  Set pasteDoc = Nothing
  Set cl = Nothing
  Set rngCL = Nothing
  Set doc = Nothing
End Sub

Bryan Carbonnell - carbonnb at sympatico.ca
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.