[AccessD] normalization question

DJK(John) Robinson djkr at msn.com
Sun May 16 19:11:51 CDT 2004

Yes, of course people are in a many-to-many relationship with addresses,
too, for various reasons.

I would be very wary of telling just some Mary Smith that whe was pregnant.
However, a particular Mary Smith has presented herself recently for a
pregnancy test, presumably, and has given her name & address / whatever to
enable me to communicate the test results to her alone with certainty
thereby identifying herself uniquely in this context.  Context is important.

In real life there is unlikely to be a problem here, so it is up to us to
design data structures and systems which reflect real life when relevant, so
that they are no more fragile, and have the opportunity to be much more
robust.

John