[AccessD] normalization question

Susan Harkins ssharkins at bellsouth.net
Sun May 16 19:19:04 CDT 2004

Actually, I was just kidding, but I did run into a problem not too long ago
with a corrupted db that started churning out used AN. :(

Susan H.

...no ...ANPK based normalization within a single db is safe because we can
control the uniqueness of the AN sequence within any reasonable db size
considerations ...DNA codes otoh are not controllable and therefore you
cannot assume they are unique within your db structure ...much like SSNs
...most people think they're unique until they see a dupe.